Before you hire, you need a clear understanding of what you need, and why.
What is required needs to be focused on the work that needs to be accomplished. The most crucial part of the recruiting process is understanding why this is really needed. It’s often overlooked.
Greg Toroosian has spent the best part of a decade recruiting for technical positions across software, IT, and hardware verticals. Toorsian, the director of talent acquisition at sweetgreen, oversees the team that manages all corporate hiring for technical and non-technical teams.
In the podcast below, he talks about:
- Hiring managers don’t really know what they need
- Inefficient time spent on the wrong people because the hiring manager is really not sitting down and outlining the work that needs to get done
- His intake process to define the what and the why
- Defining the expectations by setting at least three performance metrics for the first 90 days
- Recruiters vs. order-takers
Check out the episode below, and join him (and I!) at the ERE conference in San Diego.