Are you ready to grow as a professional and get prepared for the year ahead? The community of recruiters, talent acquisition leaders, and staffing professionals has been working together with the help of ERE since 1998. The first conference was held in the spring of 2001 in San Diego and it was called ERE Expo West. Over 400 industry professionals came together to share ideas and learn from each other. A community was born. A lot of people, groups, and companies have tried to duplicate what happens at ERE, but it still remains the only place to go that is lead by practitioners and the only benefit is to help the community learn and grow.
In just seven short weeks the community will come together once again in San Diego this spring where we’ll meet and learn from some amazing people who have done and are doing some big things in talent acquisition.
Article Continues Below
Why it’s so hard to hire and get hired
With the help of speakers and writers who are active members of the community (thanks Edie L. Goldberg, Caroline Stokes, Audra Knight, and Brett Kummer), we have put together a list of 16 Reasons Why ERE is the Community for You!
- The speakers and content will not disappoint! Learn real-world examples from TA leaders and recruiters out there, every day, experimenting with solutions and finding answers for success.
- Gretchen Carlson — one of the first of this new #metoo generation — will be speaking.
- It’s a community conference for peers, advisors, and mentors to share ideas, work through common challenges, learn future insights, and become better at what we do.
- The world of work is rapidly changing, and if everyone in this space is not actively thinking about how to adapt, they are going to be left behind.
- ERE is the best (and maybe the only) global TA event that is completely vendor agnostic.
- Recruiters are the most important people representing their organizations to attract talent. What is too-often forgotten? Being the best for your company takes a learner and growth mindset.
- The best place to network with other recruiting leaders — we provide lots of breaks and opportunities for you to have peer-to-peer conversations about the real issues and successes you are experiencing.
- Have fun. Being in business should be rewarding and fun. All work and no play can get old fast. The ERE Recruiting Conference can add a layer of enjoyment to managing your career growth by mixing a social aspect into your learning.
- Discovering innovative products and services for your business is necessary to stay competitive in today’s fast-paced world.
- Get your headshot taken for LinkedIn, or wherever. Free.
- Position yourself as an expert. When you are active in the recruiting industry, you can develop a reputation as an expert to your peers and your clients.
- The day doesn’t start with a PPT. It starts with yoga while overlooking the bay.
- ERE is all about the future of recruitment and what will help you enable your team for years to come. Hear about new innovations from some of the best out-of-the box thinkers. Also, Batman will be there!
- As an added bonus, the location is beautiful. Step out and enjoy the bayside boardwalk with tiny stores and unique eateries. Tour a Navy carrier, a submarine, or check out the pirate ship.
- The person the Atlanta Daily World called the “first black female billionaire not named Oprah” will be there.
- You belong there. Its reason for existence is to help you do your job better, make new friends, and unite with others.