It has been some time since I have done one of these posts, but a lot has been going on around the ERE.net world:
- On July 13, ERE community members will be coming together across the globe to attend a series of local meetups. These meetups will be locally run and organized by the people attending them. To date 94 cities across nine countries featuring 600 people will be coming together to meet and network. Want to see what is going on near you just click here and sign up!
- We have finalized our 2010 fall events schedule, and everything will kick off with the fourth #socialrecruiting summit. Following up on a highly successful event last month in Minneapolis, we will be heading out west on September 13 at Microsoft’s Corporate HQ in Seattle. This event, which will break through the social recruiting hype and bring you real-life case studies that are currently in use at companies, will feature Chris Hoyt from Pepsico as the chairman. Learn more at http://socialrecruitingsummit.com.
- We just announced last week that the next SourceCon event will be taking place on September 28-29 at The International Spy Museum in Washington, DC. I am pretty sure you will be hard pressed to find a cooler venue for research and sourcing professionals to learn and play than the Spy Museum, and a better group of speakers to learn from.
- Capping it off will be the annual Fall ERE Expo, once again returning to the beautiful Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa in Hollywood, FL from October 26-28. Featuring over 30 corporate recruiting practitioners and thought leaders, you won’t want to miss this year’s event. And you can save $400 on the registration fee through July 16. Visit www.ereexpo.com for all the details.
- For the past few years we have teamed up with Jason Corsello and Knowledge Infusion for their annual Future of Sourcing & Recruiting survey. If you haven’t already, please take a few minutes to take the 2010 Knowledge Infusion & ERE Future of Recruiting and Sourcing Survey, and share your perspectives to help the talent acquisition community better understand and navigate this challenging environment.
- If you are in the recruiting ad agency space, time is running out to apply for the 2010 Creative Excellence Awards (CEA). The CEA has been recognizing excellence in recruitment advertising for over 30 years and this Friday, July 2 is the deadline to apply for this year’s awards. If you haven’t already, check out the full list of categories and apply online at http://www.ceawards.com/2010/.
- The past few weeks have also been very exciting around our parent company, ERE Media. Earlier this month in Las Vegas at the annual Fordyce Forum conference, we announced that Amybeth Hale will be joining us as the new Editor of The Fordyce Letter. The Fordyce Letter, which ERE Media acquired back in 2006, has been delivering its monthly newsletter for over 30 years, and now features additional content online at www.fordyceletter.com. Many of you may already know Amybeth, who has applied her eight-plus years in the recruiting and sourcing world by writing for both The Fordyce Letter and ERE.net in the past, and has been the editor of SourceCon’s The Source newsletter. If you are on the search and placement side of the business, you will certainly want to check out what Amybeth has planned at FordyceLetter.com.
- About a week and a half ago we quietly turned live our newest media property, TLNT. This site is something you will want to tell your colleagues in your HR department to check out. It’s covering comp, benefits, training, and all HR management issues — aka “The Business of HR.” The site is edited by John Hollon, who until recently was the Editor of Workforce Management magazine & workforce.com.
If you have any questions about what I have posted above, please leave them in the comments or drop me a line. Have a great week!