You’ve read interviews about the great work of talent-acquisition leaders and recruiters (like this one).
I’m doing something different.
I’m doing a series about the people’s lives of this field.
Our work and our lives are often intertwined, and yet we often only get a glimpse into someone’s world when we see them at work in a professional capacity. I want to understand more about the person behind the career and learning about the experiences that have shaped them, their lives, and their careers. These stories are personal, open and honest and we have covered difficult and challenging topics in our interviews.
The first is below. It’s about Johnny Campbell, a well-known face in recruiting around the world and CEO and co-founder of SocialTalent. We talk about:
Article Continues Below
What’s Really Going on with the Employment Skills Gap?
- The early days of SocialTalent and how it nearly went broke before one of several pivotal moments changed the course of their business.
- How the business went from working out its back bedrooms to a global organization
- How landing a job and a two-year stint working in the Cayman Islands changed his perspective on life
- Setting up business with his business partner Vince and how it was the best business decision he’s ever made.
- The personal drive, tenacity, and resilience — along with dedication and hard work — that has driven him in his personal and professional life.
Check it out below.