Happy Friday, Fordyce readers – earlier this morning, we quietly did an overhaul to the website and we proudly present to you the new FordyceLetter.com!
Let me walk you through some of the new and improved features on the site:
- Sharing buttons – you’ve been asking for them, and now we have them! We’ve provided three common sharing methods from which to choose: a Tweet button, a Facebook “Like” button, and a LinkedIn Share button. Now you can easily share the great content from FordyceLetter.com with your friends and colleagues. The buttons are located at the top of the post synopses on the main page as well as at the top of each individual post when you click through. Additionally, there are now AddThis sharing tools at the bottom of each post.
- Social media links – while we’ve had social media communities established, they were not previously accessible directly from FordyceLetter.com. Now, they are at the top of the page. Please check out our Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn presences and connect with us there.
- Weekly email subscription – just below the social media links is a place where you can subscribe to FordyceLetter’com’s weekly email newsletter (also brand new). If you expand on the list, you will once again see our social media links, in addition to the option of subscribing via RSS. We want to stay connected with you so we’ve given you plenty of options!
- Archives – we’ve cut down on the amount of space the Fordyce Letter archives takes up – you’ll be able to peruse our archived articles from a simple drop-down menu now.
- Disqus comments – we’ve incorporated the Disqus commenting platform on FordyceLetter.com to make it easier to follow comment threads and build community through sharing. We encourage you to sign up for a free Disqus account – it’s not required in order to leave a comment but we think it’s worth having!
- Article author data – we’ve incorporated Gravatar images of the article authors just beneath the title (for those who have Gravatar accounts). You can also click on the author names to get a listing of the articles they’ve written as well as a short bio.
- Easy-to-navigate Categories – if you look at the light grey bar at the top of the page, you’ll see a bunch of post categories. This was also available on the old site, but it’s more visible here and features some of the most popular post categories.
So – here’s a recommended checklist of things to do while you’re here on the new FordyceLetter.com website:
Article Continues Below
What does your company know about Employee Experience?
- Ooh and aaah for a few moments – the new website looks cool and we’re okay with you admiring it!
- Register yourself for our free weekly email newsletter of FordyceLetter.com articles. When you do, you might get a free goodie! Or – subscribe to the RSS feed to get daily articles in your reader of choice.
- Read through a few articles and leave a comment or two — the authors love to hear your thoughts and we love to have you interact!
- Check out our social media communities and join/follow The Fordyce Letter on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
- While you’re here, check out the Fordyce Forum event site — our conference is happening June 1-3 in Las Vegas and we’d love to have you join us!
- Ooh and aaah some more, then share FordyceLetter.com with your recruiting peers, co-workers, and colleagues. Spread the love!
We really hope that you like our new look. Leave us a comment below and let us know what you think and if there are other features you’d like to see.