The ERE team has been working on the next evolution of our community for months, and today we’re ready to show it off!
There’s a preview up at http://beta.community.ere.net/, and we’re looking for your feedback on how to make it better before we go live on the main ERE.net.
So what’s new? Here are some of the highlights:
Article Continues Below
- Easier to use. You will find it easier to post discussion messages, and you’ll be able to add links, pictures and HTML without jumping through hoops.
- Threaded Discussions. To make it easier to follow conversations in the longer threads, all the discussions are now threaded.
- Community voting. We’re testing a new voting system for determining which discussion messages are most valuable to readers. The best content will be voted up to the top of threads by the community.
- Activity Feed. There is now a central activity feed for all activity on the ERE Network, so it will be easier to see where the action is!
- Blogs. Every person in the ERE Network now has a Blog! Blog posts will have more prominence within the community, and we are working on integrating the best posts into the main feed on our home page to highlight the best content created by ERE members.
- ERE Forum. We’re bringing back the ERE Forum — a single, central place to post messages where everyone can see them without joining the smaller, specialized, groups.
- Following. Everyone has their favorite contributors on the network, and we’ve made it easier for you to follow just the ERE Members that you want, so you can see their content anywhere on the Network! This will replace the notion of “friends”, which as several members pointed out does not have a lot of practical use.
Why are you still reading this? Go kick the tires over at the preview site, and don’t be afraid to post messages to test it, because messages posted on the preview site will not appear on the main ERE.net.
Let us know in the feedback thread what you would change about it before we go live – we’re listening!