You may have noticed that I didn’t post my weekly Sneak Peek at the Week post this week. This week is pretty simple, with much of the ERE staff joining hundreds of recruiters in south Florida for the annual Fall ERE Expo conference. And once again, we will be live streaming several of the sessions right here on the ERE homepage.
If you were unable to make the trip down to Florida this year, we have some exciting things planned for you to be able to take advantage of the great information being exchanged here. While we can’t duplicate the real excitement and value of being here in person, there are still a few ways to participate in the event.
If you are a Twitter user, make sure to follow the #ereexpo hashtag, which will feature Tweets from many of the participants at the Expo, and also follow the official ERE Expo twitter handle @ereexpo.
As for the live stream, we kick off at 8:45 a.m. ET with the welcoming remarks for this year’s chairperson, Kevin Wheeler.
While not all of the sessions will be available, here is the schedule of what you can catch on the stream. Remember, all times are EDT:
Thursday, September 10
- 8:45 – 9:00 a.m. – Welcoming remarks & opening address from our conference chair, Kevin Wheeler
- 9:00 – 10:00 a.m. – “Impossible is Nothing” Recruiting, led by Steve Fogarty & Steve Bonomo from adidas
- 10:15 a.m. – 11:15 p.m. – Employment Discrimination and New Media led by Carol Miaskoff of the U.S. EEOC
- 11:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. – Top 10 Most Effective No/Low Cost Online Recruitment Tools & Techniques led by Shally Steckerl
- 2:15 – 3:15 p.m. – Web 2.0 Beyond the Social Recruiting Hype: Microsoft’s Approach to Building Talent Pipelines and Communities, led by Marvin Smith from Microsoft
- 4:00 – 5:15 p.m. – Recruitment for Retention: Generational Differences, led by Valerie Kennerson from The American Cancer Society
Friday, September 11
Article Continues Below
- 8:45 – 9:00 a.m. – Welcome Remarks from Conference Chairperson Kevin Wheeler
- 9:00 – 10:00 a.m. – Bold Recruiting Leadership led by the 2009 Recruiting Excellence Award Department of the Year winner, Tony Blake from DaVita.
- 10:30 – 11:30 a.m. – What I’ve Learned led by Mike Grennier from Wal-Mart
- 1:30 – 2:45 p.m. – A 10-step Guide for Developing a Social Media Strategy for Recruiting led by Jason Corsello from Knowledge Infusion & Elaine Orler
- 3:15 – 4:15 p.m. – RPO or You: How Will Your Staffing Organization Survive? A Panel Discussion moderated by Mark Mehler from CareerXroads and panelists Tara Amarai from ADP, Nury Plumley from Agilent Technologies, and Mike Grennier from Wal-Mart
- 4:15 – 5:15 p.m. – Recruiting with Social Media Q&A session led by Kevin Wheeler and panelists Angela Guidroz from Sodexo, Steve Fogarty from adidas, & Brian Schaffer from DaVita
For more information about these sessions and speakers, view the full agenda online.
We also have one last-minute change in speakers. On the last day, in the 3:15 slot where Rich Hamilton was going to speak, instead it will be Kristen Carroll, the talent-management director at Elliot Health System. She’s going to lead an interactive breakout session about HR strategy.
To take part in the stream, and the associated live chat, simply visit the ERE.net homepage tomorrow morning and click the box at the top of the page. That’s it, no need to download any software, and there is no charge to access the stream.
If you have any questions, feel free to leave them in the comments below or email me. And if you are here in Florida, make sure to stop by and say hello!