Manufacturing is not the object of the media’s affection like the technology field is, but it has a skills shortage of its own.
In the eight-minute video below, I talk about that shortage with Ken Stuckey, who leads talent acquisition and development for Pace Industries, which has 21 North American manufacturing locations.
- Why there’s a skills shortage
- What’s being done about it
- The metric Pace is using to measure results and what’s working
- Why the company moved away from relocations
- What’ll happen if the U.S. in-sources more manufacturing jobs